CLIFF is a non federally-reinsured, supplemental policy that offers catastrophic-like coverage allowing the producer additional protection in the event the final grid index for an index interval for the Rainfall Index (RI) Pasture, Rangeland and Forage (PRF) policy falls below the elected CLIFF Threshold. This product is designed to assist ranchers with severe drought scenarios in which rainfall amounts for a specific interval reach record low levels and the pasture no longer benefits from the minimal rainfall.
Coverage and Options
- The CLIFF Insured Acres can be equal to or less than the insured acres from the underlying RI policy for the selected Grid ID. The insured acres per interval will be the CLIFF insured acres times the percent of value for the given interval from the RI policy.
- Producer must elect two or more of the grid/intervals covered on the underlying RI policy to be covered on the CLIFF policy.
- CLIFF Threshold range is available through Hudson Crop’s quotation tool, and the elected value will be identical for all grid/intervals elected on the CLIFF policy.
- Liability Adjustment Factor is an elected value designed to reduce liability, premium and indemnity.
- Producer must have an underlying RI PRF policy.
- If the RI policy is not with Hudson, a copy of the underlying RI Application must accompany the CLIFF Application (required on a yearly basis) for coverage.
- All elections made on the underlying PRF policy (productivity factor, coverage level, intended use, type, etc.) are used for CLIFF.
The information contained in this publication is for general purposes only and shall not modify the terms of any insurance policy. Please refer to policy information found in the actuarials for your commodity/plan type