Nursery crop insurance is available in all states to all persons operating nurseries that meet certain criteria.
Levels: 50% – 75% (in 5% increments)
Insurance coverage applies, by practice (field-grown or container), to all of your nursery plants in a
- Are on the Eligible Plant List;
- Are grown in a nursery that receives at least 50 percent of its gross income from the wholesale
marketing of nursery plants;
- Meet all the requirements for insurability; and
- Are grown in an appropriate medium.
Nursery plants may not be insured if they:
- Are grown in containers containing two or more different genera, species, subspecies, varieties,
- Are grown for sale as Christmas trees;
- Are grown as stock plants; or
- Are grown solely for harvest of buds, flowers, or greenery
|BU & OU||BU & OU||BU & OU||BU & OU|
The information contained in this publication is for general purposes only and shall not modify the terms of any insurance policy. Please refer to policy information found in the actuarials for your commodity/plan type.